It’s oily, it’s spicy, still, it’s the most delicious and extremely popular north Indian breakfast dish in Punjab. Yes, it’s Aloo Poori or Aloo ki sabji which is traditionally eaten with Boondi Raita and Aam Ka Achar. If you are mad over this authentic Indian food, you must be seeking for the recipe to cook it at your home. This Indian breakfast is so popular that you can get it almost every Indian restaurant as well as abroad countries.
However, if you want to cook the delicious Aloo Poori recipe at home on your own, it’s quite simple and easy. It just needs a few hours with certain specific ingredients and you’re done. The spicy potato gravy is served with puffed deep friend Indian break called as Poori.
Here the recipe to ingredients list and preparation method to make Aloo Poori.
Check out the Ingredients you need to make Aloo sabji
• Take 250 gm boiled potato
• 1 tsp Oil
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1/4th TSP Turmeric Powder
• 1/4 tsp Degi Mirch (for color)
• 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
• 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/8th tsp asafetida
• 1/2 tsp kasori methi
• 1/2 tsp coarse Saunf powder
• 1 green chilli slit lengthwise
• 3 – 4 tomatoes pureed
• 1 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
Check out the Ingredients you need to make
• 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 cup Yogurt
• Vegetable oil for deep fry
Step-by-step process to make Aloo Sabji with
For Aloo Ki Sabji
First of all, heat up some oil in a pan then add some cumin seeds in it and once the cumin seeds begin to sputter, add asafetida, turmeric, , degi mirch, red chili powder and 1 tblsp water so the red chilly don’t burn.
Now add the pureed tomatoes and then let it cook till the oil separate. Afterwards, add the slit green chilly and add some salt (according to the taste, garam Masala and coriander powder.
Take boiled potatoes, crush them with hand, add them and mix them well. Once you are done, add the saunf powder, crushed kasoori methi and 1 cup of water. Keep it aside and let it cool till the gravy thickens. Meanwhile keep stirring it occasionally. Then put it into the serving bowl and garnish them with coriander leaves.
• Put the flour in the mixing bowl and add some salt into it
• Make a small well right in the middle of the flour and gradually stir in yogurt. Then mix it properly to prepare supple dough.
• Add some water if required
• Until the dough gets soft, knead it for 7-10 minutes
• Once you are done, leave it for 20 minutes till it get softer
• Make small balls out of this dough
• Roll them in a big circle shape
• Heat oil in a Kadhai ir a frying pan
• Deep fry the pooris in hot oil for a minute, turn them from both the side till the s turn golden in color
Now your aloo puri is ready and good to go for the breakfast. Serve the s with aloo ki sabji and spicy aam k achar.